I consolidated the stories about Fred.

HILL BLOCKS VIEW IS DEAD.

...long live, Hill Blocks View. I miss writing. But the thought of one more round of "welcome backs", or obsessing over stats, or thinking of the clever response to a comment, or the obligation to read everyone else's blog... not so much. So I'll try and write. No pressure. If you feel the need to respond, you can email me. I like email. flipaul@yahoo.com

Thursday, February 20, 2014

You Look Like That Guy, From That Thing.

Hey, you look familiar. Aren't you that guy from that thing?
Uh, I don't think so.
No. No. I know you. You're that guy!
I'm A guy.
I swear dude. You're on that show.
I swear dude. I'm not on whatever show you're talking about.
You know… that one.
I don't.
The one on TV.
The only time I've ever been on TV is when I was on the news when I was in middle school.
Why were you on the news?
I sold a steer at the county fair.
Really? That's weird.
No weirder than this conversation. I grew up on a farm, it's what you did.
I don't think that's it.
Told you.
No. You're on that show on cable.
That's really narrowing it down.
That violent one.
Game of Thrones?
No.
Are you thinking of Breaking Bad?
Which one is that?
The one that is filmed here in Albuquerque. The one about the meth.
Haven't heard of it.
It was filmed here. It was a huge deal. People talked about it all the time.
Nope.
I can't believe you haven't heard of that. But if it isn't that, I don't know what you are thinking of. But whatever it was, it wasn't me.
It is. I know you. You're that guy.
Oh holy crap. I'm not anybody.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You're somebody. Everybody is somebody.
I didn't mean that. My self esteem is fine. I'm just not that guy you are thinking of.
How do you know? Did you figure out what guy you are?
I'm just me.
…that guy from that show.
NO! UGH. YOU'RE that guy that is giving me a headache.
Give me a minute. I'll think of it.
You know, I don't need a cup of coffee that bad. I'm leaving.
Wait. I thought of it. That zombie thing.
The Walking Dead?
That's it.
I'm not on that show.
Yeah, you're that guy.
I'm not.
Yeah, that lead guy.
The sheriff? Rick?
No.
Daryl?
Who's that?
The cool guy, with the crossbow.
Nope.
I don't know who else you could be talking about. I don't look like an Asian guy.
No. THAT guy.
I'M NOT ON THAT SHOW!
Yeah. That guy who's the star of the show.
There isn't anybody else.
Yeah, that guy who is on the opening credits. The one that's always standing by the fence, growling.
A zombie?! You think I'm a zombie?!
Yeah. You're not?
There is no such thing as zombies.
Then why do you look like that?
Like what? This is just my face.
Ouch.
You are NOT getting a tip.