I consolidated the stories about Fred.

HILL BLOCKS VIEW IS DEAD.

...long live, Hill Blocks View. I miss writing. But the thought of one more round of "welcome backs", or obsessing over stats, or thinking of the clever response to a comment, or the obligation to read everyone else's blog... not so much. So I'll try and write. No pressure. If you feel the need to respond, you can email me. I like email. flipaul@yahoo.com

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Most Healthy and Happy People Around.

If laughter really is the best medicine, and we all agree it is, (except people dying of AIDS, and they're crybabies) it's stands to reason that comedians are the most healthy of all of us. I would love to have a career in comedy. I am smart and funny enough, and with some practice and work on timing I could do stand-up or write comedically. Alas, it isn't to be; I'm just too damn negative. As hard as I try, I just can't get it right. Instead of being happy, I spend large amounts of my day full of anger, thinking about how stupid the people around me are (shamefully; so unlike a comic). I can't find that spot inside of me were I want to share a belly laugh with my fellow man. Instead, I think of twisted scenarios where stupid people do stupider things. I think about sex. Sometimes, I even think about something profane, and then laugh and laugh.
     If only I could look at someone who is different than me (read: stupider) and enjoy the diversity in humanity, and not think about how idiotic they are. How do comedians do it? How can they look around them at the ridiculous things happening everyday, and not write mean things that ridicule the situation? Instead they stay pure, and good, and bring joy and light. I guess they are just better people than me. I guess I will have to give up on the dream, until that day when comedians aren't expected to live up to such lofty ideals. Someday, maybe just maybe, America will be ready for a comedian that isn't entirely positive, that bitches a little bit, that thinks that air travel is a pain in the ass... and laughs at people instead of with them.